As an international learning community, technology at Léman engages students to become confident, 独立的, 批判性思考者, empowers teachers to personalize instruction. Our Educational 技术 Coordinator supports 教师 and students as they purposefully and thoughtfully integrate technology into the daily learning experience.
In 名3 and 名4, Léman provides shared ipad for each classroom. A dedicated early childhood WonderLab space provides access to science, 数学, 编码, engineering materials to inspire exploration, 创新, 规划, 解决问题, critical thinking – the building blocks of the future. From Grade Kindergarten to Grade 2, Léman offers a 1:1 iPad program. In Grade 3 to Grade 5, Léman offers a 1:1 laptop program. In Grades 6-12 we offer a "Bring Your Own Laptop" (BYOL) program to accommodate students' work and learning style preferences; classes also have access to shared ipad and a wide range of technology tools to support and enhance the teaching and learning experience.
Classrooms utilize interactive technology including projection systems, 苹果电视, ipad, 和3D打印机. After school opportunities are offered for students to practice and explore a variety of digital tools and design technologies.
We believe that technology:
• Is an essential part of a student's life at Léman.
• Should be integrated throughout the standards-based curriculum.
• Supports students' paths to digital responsibility and global citizenship in the 21st century.
• Empowers teachers to personalize instruction.
• Enables learning “anytime, 任何地方, at any pace” as our students become the innovators of tomorrow.
• Empowered Learners who take an active role in using technology to set and achieve their learning goals.
• Model Digital Citizens who recognize the rights, 责任, opportunities of living and learning in an interconnected, digital world in ways that are safe, 法律, 和伦理.
• Constructors of Knowledge who use a variety of digital tools and resources to build knowledge, produce creative artifacts, make meaningful learning experiences for themselves and others.
• Innovative Designers who use a variety of technologies to create new, 有用的, or imaginative solutions to problems.
• Computational Thinkers who develop strategies for understanding, testing, solving problems.
• Creative Communicators who express themselves creatively for a variety of purposes using the technological tools that are appropriate to their goals.
• Global Collaborators who use digital tools to broaden their perspectives and enrich their learning by collaborating with others, 本地和全球.
Student Information and Learning Management Systems
PowerSchool is our Student Information and Learning Management system. 通过本网站, community members can access student and family information, 教室里的网站, 出席, 学校通知, grades so that they make stay up-to-date with students’ learning.
Our full-time IT team is available to support students, 教师, staff with use and maintenance of technology resources. Our Educational 技术 Coaches support ongoing technology integration across the curriculum, as well as drive our digital citizenship, 计算机科学, information literacy programs. For further information please see our 儿童早期, 较低的学校, 上学校 课程指导.
上学校 students are provided with a Léman email account for ease of communication with teachers and other students. Professional and responsible use of this tool is expected in all communications.
Students regularly review our 负责任使用政策 (RUP) stating the expectations and 责任 of using technology while at Léman.